History Box provides professional historical research in the UK. Please find below examples of project types that History Box can undertake. This list is not exhaustive so please do get in touch if you can’t see what you are after.
- Television, film and radio production companies, writers and scriptwriters: History Box research can be used to inform factual and fictional works. I can undertake research on social, cultural, political and other histories in Britain to your required level of detail using available archival, historiographical, film, media and image resources, as well as interviews where desirable and possible. I can also contribute as a ‘talking head’.
- Brand owners, brand agencies and other businesses: History Box can research brand and product history and heritage to discover stories, facts and imagery relevant to the identity, marketing and packaging of your product/service. And if your company is celebrating a milestone year, History Box can put together an engaging and informative account of the history of your company.
- Curators and exhibitors, arts and heritage organisations: History Box can undertake research into objects, people, ideas and, if needed, help to organise them into an engaging exhibition narrative and/or catalogue. I can also help with catalogue writing.
- Magazines and newspapers: if you need someone reputable to write a piece on a historical topic, take a look at the ‘Blog’ and ‘Testimonials’ sections of the website to see what I can bring to your publication.
- Fellow researchers and historians: History Box can assist you in your research by accessing archives and libraries you may not be able to get to yourself. I can find and, where possible, photocopy/digitise documents and images, and carry out fact checking.
- General interest: Interested in a particular historical topic but don’t know where to start with reading and learning? History Box can put together an engaging and accessible summary of the historiography of your chosen subject, highlighting the principal facts, works and ideas surrounding it.
© Ariane Galy and History Box, 2019.